This is Christ’s church. There is a place for you here.
DOVE OF PEACE LUTHERAN CHURCH
Statement of Mission, Vision, and Values (effective January 1, 2011)
The Holy Spirit gathers us into a community that enthusiastically claims and shares our
experience of God’s Grace.
Our congregation will be a sanctuary for religious refugees, a champion for the
oppressed, and a fellowship of inclusivity and authenticity, boldly proclaiming God’s
Grace to the world.
(1) PERSONAL STORY. Our members have had profound experiences of God’s
Grace. We intentionally share and hear those stories, and we witness so that others may
come to know God’s Grace.
(2) SERVICE. In response to God’s unconditional love, our members serve particular
needs in our community and on our planet. We invite others to join us in service to the
Tucson community and to the world.
(3) ECUMENISM. God’s Grace has many expressions. We celebrate the uniqueness of
our congregation, while we simultaneously work in harmony with other Christians and
denominations to learn, to serve, and to proclaim Jesus Christ.
(4) CREATION. Our members have experienced God’s Grace through the beauty and
diversity of the environment. We witness to the Creator’s goodness by conserving and
protecting the Sonoran Desert and the globe through our individual and collective
(5) WORSHIP. Our members have experienced God’s Grace through liturgical worship
that is historically grounded and publicly accessible. We claim this experience of God’s
Grace, and we share it with others through faithful contemporary interpretation.
(6) MINISTRY OF THE LAITY. God has provided strong laity leaders and volunteers
for his Church. Our Reformation heritage asserts that laity have both “vocation” and
“priesthood.” We affirm and nurture the gifts, calling, and priesthood of the laity.
(7) DIVERSITY. God’s Grace has touched our congregation through distinctive lives,
stories, and relationships. We share that Grace as we extend hospitality to all people, and
varieties of families and households.
(8) INTENTIONAL RELATIONSHIP. Our members have experienced God’s Grace
through one another in teamwork, friendship, and small groups. We intentionally and
creatively foster relationship, with particular attention to the distinctiveness of different
generations, including a fast-growing age group often overlooked by the Church: retiring
©2012 Dove of Peace Lutheran Church, 665 West Roller Coaster Road, Tucson, AZ 85704 (520) 887-5127
Dove of Peace Lutheran Church is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.